- That joy lies in knowing birth and death.
- That one must know himself by reflecting upon himself.
- That one must in all things achieve sympathy with the mind of others.
- That one must practice, in good faith, loyalty and filial piety.
- That one must discern his own lot in life and know what is his natural endowment.
- That virtue lies in avoiding dwelling upon anything.
- That by forgetting himself one must guard himself.
- That one must be firmly resolved to take great care when alone.
- That by destroying the mind one must cultivate the mind.
- That one must give up petty gain and achieve the great gain.
This version of Moanjo is based on The Selected Writings of Suzuki Shōsan